Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
ProDesk 400 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello to the community

I would like to upgrade the TPM module of my ProDesk 400 G2 system to v2

The chip is a Infineon SLB 9660XT1.2 which specs say it can be upgraded to 2.0

I was able to upgrade from 1.2-4.40 to 1.2-4-43 on this machine, but it took me a long time to find the firmware for 2.0

I guess I now found the right firmware (TPM12_4.43.257.0_to_TPM20_5.62.3126.0.BIN) but the TMPconfig tool in this package (SP87753) does not even start and ends up with an error (no text in the screen)

Does anynone know if I could use another TPMconfig tool which will accept the above mentioned .BIN file?

Many thanks for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

There would be no option to upgrade the TPM that I know of.

The only two 400 G2's that I see on the list are the 

HP ProDesk 400 G2 DM (Desktop Mini)

HP ProOne 400 G2 AiO 20T & NT (All in One)

If you look at the list of PC's supported by the upgrade software, there are 400 G2 MT or 400 G2 SFF PC's listed.

Why that would, be I have no idea, since the 400 G2 MT and SFF PC's would come with the same Skylake processors as the Prodesk 600 G2, for example.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if this document is of help to you...

HP Desktops, Notebooks, and Workstations - HP TPM Configuration Utility With Windows 10 Anniversary ...

The only thing is, I only see a couple of 400 G2 form factors listed as supported for the upgrade.

HP Recommended

Thanks, Paul

Tried that one too... no luck - gives the error message that "this software is not supported on this machine..."

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

It may be that if you have the 400 G2 SFF or MT, a TPM upgrade is not supported.

HP Recommended

Really? That would be really sad...

The description on the case says "HP ProDesk 400 G2 MT (TPM DP)"

And there is no option to upgrade the module?

Cheers

HP Recommended

There would be no option to upgrade the TPM that I know of.

The only two 400 G2's that I see on the list are the 

HP ProDesk 400 G2 DM (Desktop Mini)

HP ProOne 400 G2 AiO 20T & NT (All in One)

If you look at the list of PC's supported by the upgrade software, there are 400 G2 MT or 400 G2 SFF PC's listed.

Why that would, be I have no idea, since the 400 G2 MT and SFF PC's would come with the same Skylake processors as the Prodesk 600 G2, for example.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.