Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP TP01-0550nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm looking into upgrading the PSU of a HP TP01-0550nd, but searching the forum it doesn't seem that easy to figure out which PSU to buy since the HP power supplies are proprietary and don't have the usual 24 pin connection.

I've looked into the Spreadsheet with listed HP Desktops but mine's not on there. I do know there's a TP01 version with a 310 watt Gold Efficiency PSU, but I can't seem to find that exact product so I can order it at a HP Parts Seller... Hopefully someone can give me some more information about this PSU or give me any suggestions for other PSUs that might work.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@MoonCat,

Yes, the 400W PSU having the PCIe power plug would be the safer option.

All the listed PSU will fit into the case of any of the listed "series".  That would include the 0550nd model.

Thank you for your patience.  You were very kind.

I hope I solved this to your satisfaction.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@MoonCat,

I wrote that spreadsheet.  The HP TP01 is a series.  Sorry I did not know of your exact model.

All power supply models work with all these computers.   Your L08660-800 does not have a PCIe 6 pin power plug.  I do not have any evidence that any of the 310W have a PCIe power plug (as yet).  I ask, I beg for information.

What card are you planning to use.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

I'm planning to use any card that will improve the system as a whole. It's for light editing so perhaps an Nvidia 1650 and up would be fine.

Sorry, I'm not an expert and I don't know what you mean with the PCIe 6 pin plug?

HP Recommended

@MoonCat,

Any choice of GPU card has a given requirement for power and maybe a PCIe power plug.

Caution:  While most GTX 1650 cards are 75W, some have a required 6 pin PCIe power plug.  If you stay away from EGVA and MSI you will avoid that problem.  Do research the card via NewEgg.

It means that even for a GTX 1650,  75W cards that do not have a need for any PCIe 6 pin power can use the 310W.  If the card does have a PCIe 6 pin power requirement, it has to have the 400W.   It only pertains to our discussion on the GTX 1650. Read the spreadsheet very carefully.

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
HP Recommended

Thank you so much for the clear explanation, I think I understand it more now.
So would it be safest and best to go for the 400Watt PSU that is listed on your spreadsheet since it has a PCIe power plug? Or am I reading the sheet wrong...

My main question is about the listed PSUs: is it true that all PSUs listed can fit in all HP desktop listed ( or particularly the TPO1-0550nd)?

Thanks again for your time!

HP Recommended

@MoonCat,

Yes, the 400W PSU having the PCIe power plug would be the safer option.

All the listed PSU will fit into the case of any of the listed "series".  That would include the 0550nd model.

Thank you for your patience.  You were very kind.

I hope I solved this to your satisfaction.

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
HP Recommended

Good to know that I can pick any of the PSU on your list because I wasn't sure if they would fit or work.
This solved a lot for me. I haven't really decided on a specific video card, but since you mentioned a PSU with a Pcie plug would be safest I wil go for that 400watt PSU.

Thanks again and wishing you a nice weekend 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.