Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I ordered an Omen by Hp build last year. It ran great, but it has seemed to slow down. I was wondering if the 500w PSU could be too low. The build has a Geforce RTX 2080, core i7-8700, and 16 Gb of DDR4 ram. My games are all now losing connection and crashing. The pc is not overheating.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

tell what slows down; be specific.

no it is not the PSU that slows a PC a  bum PSU will cause the PC to BSOD or  shut off.

what does losing connection mean, be specific

what does crashing mean, BSODS?  bad RAM or WRONG GPU DRIVER?  for w10-64b.

gee

all games crash that is there thing, (some top games upgraded do not,  i have over 50) what game did/?

I think your post can reduced to: "Crashing" , just one word and why asked.

I do.

but does it crash all the time only certain games, no games told  by you is this STEAM? with autoupdates turned ON?

that GPU RTX uses 215 to 205watts of power all by it self.  but 500watt PSU can handle it but NO PSU told.

Id run a 700 watt corsair , single rail PSU, (newer models have that) and are PRIME for clean power to the GPU

that card has Aux power jacks see them, they can not be missing, nor using gross bad actor Adapters. use   proper PSU for that GPU card.

who made that card,  there are 12 makers,  Nvidia actual or dell?

most 2080 has 2 ,  8 pin power jacks on the top rear edge of the card, are both in place and all pins populated????

crashes , are hardware first thing, if not just one game crashing,  is just windows alone crashing I BET NOT.

BSOD list for you.  (no BSOD screen posted "photo's w10 has over 100 BSOD coded screens"

• power cables to 2080 mission or wrong, 2 x8  must be right
  • the driver  for you GPU card, fresh and new from your unstated, GPU card maker, 1 of  12.
  • The DDR is bad. test them 1 by 1, easy no?
  • Just this  game fails, shocker tell me it is not true? (joking )1/2
  • OS corruption. (reload windows 10)
  • NO main boot drive stated but if HDD it can be bad run SMART Tests now. fooling you thinking DDR is bad and not.
  • turn off w10 fast boot, make it boot fresh load each boot, bad DDR can wreck the hiberfil.sys files
  • and more ask.
NO warranty answers by me.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.