1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pavilion 24-r101na All-in-One - NVME Compatibility

Pavilion 24-r101na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I'm considering upgrading my Pavilion 24-r101na  with an NVME SSD, but am uncertain about compatibility.

I've had a look on the product page, which in turn links to the OrionR5UF motherboard spec. (The motherboard URL in the product page incorrectly links to the Klingon-UF motherboard).

The motherboard spec page shows:

clipboard_image_1.png

Which doesn't explicitly state whether this is an NVME compatible M.2 socket.  From the picture on the page it's not possible to see whether this is an 'M' keyed slot - but even if it is, I'm not sure whether that confirms the M.2 slot supports NVME?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Robin

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,792 10,615 518 537
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Pavilion 24-r101na All-in-One - NVME Compatibility

@Robin_Edinburgh

As an upgrade/custom enthusiast I personally love the idea of upgrading the device as well.

However, HP recommends that you go easy on it as the device is equipped with parts that perform at its optimal performance and also, the upgradeable parts listed above are purely for your ease, though the decision to upgrade will be at your own discretion

Regarding the Socket

Socket 1 is being used for SSD

Socket 3 is being used for wireless LAN

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for joining the HP Community.

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation