Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion P6520f desktop
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Windows 10 upgrade wizard keeps telling me that my system is not ready because they are working with partners and will notify me.  This system has no special modifications or software changes.    It has been in this state since Windows 10 has been released.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

That's strange! Try using this link instead http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install. It also gives steps on how to use the Media Creation tool and gives a link to download the tool that should work for you. 

Keep me posted! 🙂

I am a Microsoft Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello,

To better assist you, can you give me the exact error message you get when you attempt to upgrade? 

1. What is the current version of Windows you are using? 

2. Is your PC fully updated? 

3. Is your PC being used for business purposes?

4. Are you attempting to upgrade using the Media Creation Tool or the Get Windows 10 App? 

Please let me know the answers to these questions so I can provide further assistance. Thank you!

HP Recommended

I am using the GetWindows 10 app- that appears on the lower right taskbar.  It is Windows 7 64 bit version with all updates as effective last night.  It is used for personal and not business.

The first screen says "We're validating Windows 10 for your PC.......Whie upgrades have started for most PCs, we're continuously working with our partners, etc.

There is an additonal option for more information: We're working with our partners to make sure that Windows 10 is ready for your particular PC. When you get your nofification, it means that you can proceed with your upgrade:

I have seen this message continuously with no change.

HP Recommended

Thank you for responding!

It sounds like your reservation hasn't downloaded Windows 10 yet. You can also try directly downloading the Windows 10 upgrade by using the Media Creation tool here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10. 

Make sure you download the 64 bit version and only follow the steps for upgrading. 

Let me know if this helps! 

HP Recommended

Your link gets a Microsoft error that "We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found."

HP Recommended

That's strange! Try using this link instead http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install. It also gives steps on how to use the Media Creation tool and gives a link to download the tool that should work for you. 

Keep me posted! 🙂

HP Recommended

My HP P6520F experienced a forced upgrade to Windows 10 a couple of weeks ago, and experienced no problems with the install.  On the other hand, it now randomly reboots itself every 20-45 minutes without warning.

I'm trying figure whether the Windows 10 tool for going back to Windows 7 will work, or whether I'll turn my rebooting PC into a dead one.

Any suggestions or tips to avoid disaster when downgrading?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.