Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One - 27-a071a (Touch) W2T93AA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So  I unplugged my AIO to move it and when I tried to plug the power back in I noticed something didn’t feel right and upon closer inspection I found this.

How my power input now looks, missing center connector.How my power input now looks, missing center connector.Power Input Should Look Like ThisPower Input Should Look Like This
As you can hopefully see, it looks like the outer part of the power input has split and the center part of the connecter has come away when I removed the plug and I am guessing dropped out. Unfortunately I couldn’t find the small center piece anywhere to see if it could be reassembled. Also unfortunately I am 2 months out of warranty.

Has anyone had any experience with this type of problem? I am hoping that I do not have to purchase a new motherboard because of this small thing, I have had a look on HP parts store and the motherboard doesn't seem to be available for purchase anyway. I have found a few secong hand items on Ebay and the likes but none with exact matching part numbers. (908382-602 and 908382-002).

It would be great if I could find the center piece and maybe it will fit back over the connecters and all will be good again, but after moving lots of furniture and pretty much searching every possible location, I have had no luck recovering it, and no it is not stuck inside the power adapter. It may also be an economical option to find a parts machine with a matching power input that I could swap out, but so far no luck there either.

Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Yes, as you say the centre plastic holder "thing" is missing.

You can probably actually find the actual socket and it can be soldered  on to the board with not much difficulty.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=power+jack+connector+hp+aio+27&_sa...

Check if the plug is the same before buying. where the "wires" are soldered

As you can see in the plug there are the centre wires and a ring on the outer edges. I am sure your local computer technician or electrical technician can even modify the port and the ac adapter if you are not able to find/replace the plug.

Hope it helps,

David

HP Recommended

Thanks very much for your response, it is much appreciated. Unfortunately the pins on my socket seem to be different to the ones in the Ebay listings and the part numbers are also different, I have made an attempt to contact the seller for confirmation. I agree about modifying the pins to suit could be an acceptable solution, or maybe swapping out the center connecter could also be an option.

In the meantime I have just ordered an apparently tested and working motherboard from a stripped PC that has matching part numbers. One benefit is that it is in my country so I can overnight it. Hopefully this gets me going again in a short time frame, however I will keep attempting to find a repair solution for my existing motherboard and will post any developments here in case it is of interest to anyone.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.