Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Type troubleshooting in the seach box and click on the Troubleshooting icon in the results.  In system and security, click on Power and run the troubleshooter.

When you are ready to shut downn, hold the shift key down. That is a workaround from Windows 8.1 days.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I very much appreciate all feedback regarding my problem.  After running power troubleshooting (no issues appeared) and then holding down Shift key when shutting down, as suggested, problem still not resolved.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Did you find a solution? Because I have exactly same problem and I tried what you tried on this topic

HP Recommended

No solution.  I still continue to manually press power button to switch off LED power light after PC shutdown. 

HP Recommended

I found a solution online, can you try this:

1. Go to Device Manager
  2. Expand System Devices and find Intel Management Engine Interface
  3. Go to its properties. Click on Power Management
  4. Untick "Allow computer to turn off this device to save power"
HP Recommended

Under System Devices, nothing listed as "Intel Management Engine Interface", the closest I have is "Intel Power Engine Plug In"...is that the same thing? 

HP Recommended

I am going to assume you are using Windows 10 as your flavor of Operating System, What version of Windows 10 are you using?

To find this information- SETTINGS>SYSTEM>ABOUT under heading WINDOWS SPECIFICATIONS.

I have version 1809 and it is there listed alphabetically as "Intel(R) Management Engine Interface".  The argument I have with this thread is that in the properties there is no setting for Power Management as a tab or contained within a tab.  Where I found this setting was at SETTINGS>SYSTEM>POWER & SLEEP heading Related setting select "Additional power settings" then select "Choose what the power buttons do ".  There you will find the check box for "Turn on fast startup".

HP Recommended

Sorry, I found the wrong setting.  I thought I had found a global setting.  There appears to be only the ability to allow the computer to turn off a particular device to save power.  I found several devices to apply this setting, but not for Intel Management Engine Interface. 

HP Recommended

@VWErdogan wrote:

I found a solution online, can you try this:

1. Go to Device Manager
  2. Expand System Devices and find Intel Management Engine Interface
  3. Go to its properties. Click on Power Management
  4. Untick "Allow computer to turn off this device to save power"

4. Untick "Allow computer to turn off this device to save power<here> works, for me.

Power light stayed on solid with Shut down and Sleep.  And now power light works as designed.  

Untick also fixed ... Sleep not waking, for me. 

Thanks

HP Recommended

I'm glad it works for you 😊

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.