Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Pavillion 590-P0024
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have two question on the Pavillion 590-P0024.  The computer is not turning on so it may the be power supply or the motherboard. The original power supply is a PA-1181-6HY (180 Watt.)  I  try to see if PS-4241-1ha (240 Watt) would work but it did not. First question does any body know if the PS-4241-1ha will work on this computer so I can rule out the power supply ? Second question  If I connect the Green and black wire on the PA-1181-6HY ( original power supply) on P2 connector (Outside the computer) the fan on the power supply does turn on. It is doesn't so it possible that the power supply is bad, however I  am puzzled as to why the Ps-24241-1ha did not turn the computer even the power supply works ? Could it be that both the power supply  and the motherboard are bad (a case I have never seen) or that the PS-24241-1ha simply does not work on this computer ? Any ideas or suggestions ?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@CroceFan,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

The 4241-power supply is compatible with your computer and should work. It looks like the motherboard is not getting the power based on your description.

I recommend you contact support and they will assist you in this regard.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@CroceFan  and @The_Fossette ,

There is a 400W PSU that will work, see here.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Thank you for replying. At least now we can rule out the power supply. Calling Tech support is out of the question since

the computer is out of warrant. The computer want out in about a month after it was purchase, but my friend forgot to call tech support and call when them when it was 7 Over the warranty period. My friend not does blame HP because he was too busy to call, however I feel bad because I recommend HP to him and I feel that computers should last more then one month. As far calling Tech Support that is out question I think the money will can be used to purchase a new computer from any other brand (probably a Dell) that will not break within a month. I do wish that HP would have a guide to the pins on the motherboard so we could start it to see if the problem is not the switch. Once again thank you for answering my question.

HP Recommended

I did some research I was not able to find the pin that start the computer on the sunflower motherboard, however I was able to find the the pins that start the computer by testing for continuity on the wire that connect the power button to the motherboard. After determining the power button was ok, I concluded that the motherboard is probably bad since there was no voltage  the pin 2 of the mother that used to start the computer which have  had 6 volts. Below the  are color wires that connect the pin on the motherboard from the start button

1 Red 3

2 White (6 volts)

3 Blue

4 Black (Ground)

By connection pin 2 and 4 you should be able to start the computer. Pin 2 should have 6 volts when the computer is running. Pins 1 (red) and 3 (blue)  are probably for power  Led on the front panel.  I hope this helps somebody else who

has to trouble should this board.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.