cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
fescobar96
Level 1
6 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Power Supply

HP Recommended
MO1-F0014
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm trying to add a graphics card on this desktop and the power supply is limiting me. I was told that some models came with a 310w psu but I have the 180w psu. I need help with compatible power supplies since they are proprietary. Depending on the compatible psu's I will determine what graphics card I will use. I'm currently looking at a Nvidia GTX 1650, if I am able to use the 310w psu. 

2 REPLIES 2
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,260 18,886 2,918 9,287
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@fescobar96 , welcome to the forum.

Here is a Power Supply Cross Reference guide compiled by one of our Experts:  https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Knowledge-Base/Power-Supply-Cross-Reference-for-specific-model...

While your model is not listed, the M01-F0016 has the same motherboard.  It has a Ryzen 5 processor.  It doesn't show a compatible upgrade for the PSU.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
fescobar96
Author
Level 1
6 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What I got from your reply was that I am stuck with the PSU.

Would I be able to get a different case and use a different PSU or is the motherboard also gonna limit me? I read that the motherboard is proprietary. Does that mean I have to use specific PSU?

Thank you in advance.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation