Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop - TP01-0027ur
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello.

First, I want to clarify that I am not a computer geek and English is not my native language, so I ask without abbreviations 🙂

I bought a computer and am thinking about an upgrade. I'm going to start with the power supply. But I found out that it is proprietary and cannot be bought in a regular store. my computer has a 310W power supply, and if I want to connect another video card with additional power, I cannot do that. Can I buy a more powerful power supply for my computer with additional power from HP so that I can improve my computer in the future? If its possible, please give me catalog number of this product for purchase 🙂
And also ask if I can at the moment use a standard 310w power supply to connect another RAM card and a hard drive? If so, please tell me which ones. RAM I need 16GB, hard disk 1 or more TB.

Thank you in advance:)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@AlexRUSSIA,

It is impossible to keep up with all the different computers, but there is a pattern.

These are all series units, the TP01,  TE01, TG01, and M01. The numbers are called model numbers.  Example.TP01-0034, TP01-0110a

Now, I did tell you that the HP PSU is proprietary.  A standard (regular store) ATX PSU has a 24 pin main power plug, and a 4/8 auxiliary power plug.  You can not use an ATX PSU.  It will not wire/plug into the motherboard.

If you were to trace the wiring from the existing PSU, you would see what I said.  There are 2 x2 power plugs and a inline 7 pin power plug.  Some PSU units also have a PCIe6 or PCIe6+2 power plug for a video card.   The only 500W PSU that will work is the L05757-800.   (They only make 180W, 310W, 400W, and 500W) that work with those computers.

Do you now fully understand?

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Dear experts, please help with my question. I raise the topic in the hope that someone will see.

HP Recommended

@AlexRUSSIA

Welcome to the HP support community.

Here is the service guide for this computer:- Click here

However, upgrade details are not available for this computer model.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@AlexRUSSIA,

This spreadsheet will explain the HP proprietary power supply model numbers. The two 400W and the one 500W models are listed.

Your computer has an M.2 NVMe SSD device. That is your internal storage device.

This page from Crucial will explain RAM and storage devices.

wb2001_0-1595546910743.png

The motherboard has 3 SATA data headers, and a 2x2 pin header for the SATA power cable. You would need the power cable to add any SATA storage device.   Is the cable there?

SATA connector is the SATA data

HDD power is the 2x2 SATA power header

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Dear  @Wb2001 good day.

I didn't find my computer model in the spreadsheet. Can you please advice me if I buy a proprietary 500W power supply from spreadsheet, will everything work for me? Does it fit my computer model? Maybe I can buy a power supply from a regular store, for example Chieftec Navitas Series 750W [GPM-750S]?

HP Recommended

@AlexRUSSIA,

It is impossible to keep up with all the different computers, but there is a pattern.

These are all series units, the TP01,  TE01, TG01, and M01. The numbers are called model numbers.  Example.TP01-0034, TP01-0110a

Now, I did tell you that the HP PSU is proprietary.  A standard (regular store) ATX PSU has a 24 pin main power plug, and a 4/8 auxiliary power plug.  You can not use an ATX PSU.  It will not wire/plug into the motherboard.

If you were to trace the wiring from the existing PSU, you would see what I said.  There are 2 x2 power plugs and a inline 7 pin power plug.  Some PSU units also have a PCIe6 or PCIe6+2 power plug for a video card.   The only 500W PSU that will work is the L05757-800.   (They only make 180W, 310W, 400W, and 500W) that work with those computers.

Do you now fully understand?

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.