Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion TP01-1127c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In my search to decide if my power supply is adequate for a planned upgrade to the graphics card, I came across the following site that serves to estimate the power consumption of various components in a computer.

Typical Power Consumption of PC Components - Power Draw in Watts (buildcomputers.net)

Has anybody used this in the past? Are the numbers/estimates valid? If they are, I'm running around 220 watts max on my 310 watt power supply. Which means that I do have some room to jump up from the present graphics card to something like a 1650 (say, 100 or less watts).

Side note - I saw that I do have the 6-pin +2 connecter for a graphics card if needed. I still would need to stay well within the capability of my PSU, of course.

Tom
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

I use this power supply calculator. 

It lets you configure it to the components you actually have in your PC.

The calculator on the basic tab is probably fine for most needs.

Power Supply Calculator - PSU Calculator | OuterVision

HP Recommended

That's a nice link also, though I think they're a little behind on the i5 processors. Still, it tells me that I'm good with a GeForce 1650, still below the rating of my present 310 watt supply. Although I'd gladly swap up to a 400 or 500 if readily available. Rather be a little more "future-proof" if its not too expensive.

Tom
HP Recommended

Hello
check all the same according to the chosen card
as shown on the NVIDIA website

Recommended System Power (W)(3)

GeForce GTX 1650 - GDDR5  300w
GeForce GTX 1650 - GDDR6  300(5) w

3 - Recommendation is made based on PC configured with an Intel Core i7 3.2 GHz processor. Pre-built system may require less power depending on system configuration.
5 - Varies by model. Check with manufacturer for exact specs

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.