Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One PC 24-k0000i (7RD93AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

The power light behind the monitor where the power cord goes in is blinking. Is that normal? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@steph814 / @Prométhée -- A led at the back of the computer for the hard drive? honestly it would be a first for me, nothing more useless.

Sorry @Prométhée -- but I must have more computer experience than you, because I have seen such a configuration.  It was a part of the design of an All-In-One computer, namely to keep an "annoying" randomly-blinking lamp away from the front of the computer, to maintain a "clean" design to help the user of the computer maintain their focus on the computer's screen, to not be distracted by the blinking lamp. 

Still, I think that it is quite unusual for the "blinking" to be associated with the power-supply. One would expect a "solid" lamp, to indicate that the computer is powered-on, and a "dark" lamp when the computer is powered-off.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

hi

your computer does not start, does it?
because no, and this may indicate a power supply problem

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

My computer starts and works fine. It's just the blinking that happens when I'm using it. When it is in sleep mode, the light is stable. I just purchased my computer yesterday. 

HP Recommended

If it is new, monitor and contact the after-sales service
this does not seem normal to me, but could be not very serious at the moment

I did not check, but it is not a network light or something else, does it correspond to the power supply?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

It corresponds to the power cord 

HP Recommended

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-24-all-in-one-pc-24-k0000i/37914257/model/38321404/...

Yes, I tried to check, I did not find anything that could suggest otherwise,but I did not come back to tell you , in uncertainty  !
Watch this!

at the first abnormal signs contact your dealer, or hp
maybe just the led has a problem!

but I can't say anything

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

@steph814 -- the blinking that happens when I'm using it. When it is in sleep mode, the light is stable

This lamp could light up whenever your computer's disk-drive is "busy".

When the computer is "sleeping", there is no disk-drive activity, and the lamp could stay "stable".

I did look at the manual: Generic cDT User Guide (hp.com)

but it did not have diagrams for the lamps and exterior sockets (USB, audio, network, et cetera).

Make a very-close inspection of the computer's case immediately adjacent to the lamp.

Is there a nearby icon that looks like a tin-can?  That icon could represent a "disk-drive", 

and the lamp is synchronous with disk-drive activity.

HP Recommended

A led at the back of the computer for the hard drive  @itsmyname  ??
honestly it would be a first for me, nothing more useless
It looks like  @steph814  has confirmed here that it is indeed the power led, which roughly matches what can be seen here:

OverdriveT back I/O ports

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

@steph814 / @Prométhée -- A led at the back of the computer for the hard drive? honestly it would be a first for me, nothing more useless.

Sorry @Prométhée -- but I must have more computer experience than you, because I have seen such a configuration.  It was a part of the design of an All-In-One computer, namely to keep an "annoying" randomly-blinking lamp away from the front of the computer, to maintain a "clean" design to help the user of the computer maintain their focus on the computer's screen, to not be distracted by the blinking lamp. 

Still, I think that it is quite unusual for the "blinking" to be associated with the power-supply. One would expect a "solid" lamp, to indicate that the computer is powered-on, and a "dark" lamp when the computer is powered-off.

HP Recommended

I was waiting for an answer from @steph814 
because I did several searches, and first I found this model with only LEd power, which came back for many models
If confirmed, I left it at that, but as I had to leave, I didn't go any further.
but I had found another model, from a completely different series
But as I had for the moment as an answer:
"It corresponds to the power cord"

And the led, is not located in the same place
besides, you had indicated well, to have found nothing more, and that it is only supposition!
"but it did not have diagrams for the lamps and exterior sockets (USB, audio, network, et cetera)."

Pavilion 24 T back I/O ports

5 DC power in

6 Power indicator LED

10 Disk activity LED

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-24-n100-all-in-one-desktop-pc-series-touch/9259661/docu...

just power

I hadn't really paid attention, because, it's not systematic..
and here, I may have mistakenly understood that there is only one indicator

moreover I found product pages, where we only see the led above the power supply, in such a case, it should not be for the HDD

But as there are configurations with just SSD, in this case no HDD led

https://www.abt.com/HP-Black-Pavilion-24-K0000I-23.8-All-in-One-Computer-Intel-i5-10400T-12GB-RAM-1T...

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.