Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
pavillion TP01-1023w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i was looking to upgrade my power supply hp l70042-001 180w to a least a 300w or 400 w unit. is there a original hp ps the would work ?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@WGC5 , welcome to the Community.

@WGC5 wrote:

i was looking to upgrade my power supply hp l70042-001 180w to a least a 300w or 400 w unit. is there a original hp ps the would work ?

The motherboard in your computer is HP proprietary.  It has a 4-pin power connector instead of a standard 24-pin ATX power connector.  You will have to buy any PSU upgrade from HP.  They have a 400W (L69242-800) PSU with 1x6+2 PCIe connector.  Here it is on HP PartSurfer: https://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=L69242-800

You can buy it from HP by selecting "Add to Cart".

Here is a Power Supply Cross-Reference Chart that will show you where I got my information:  https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Knowledge-Base/Power-Supply-Cross-Reference-for-specific-model...

Your model is not listed, but there is another Baker motherboard listed in the TE01 series.  There are 500W PSU's in the chart, but I can't say for certain that they will be compatible with your motherboard.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

For reference, I have the Baker motherboard in my TP01-1127c computer. It has the 310 watt "gold" power Supply in it. In my case, it even includes the "6 plus 2" connector that is needed for some graphics cards, though it's left unconnected as the graphics card presently in the unit does not require it.

I'm also considering upgrading to the 400W supply and upgrading my graphics card. As noted, it is a proprietary connection scheme used by HP, so you can't just throw any old 400W supply in there without some serious wiring/adapter changes.  

Tom
HP Recommended

Thank you for the information, @Tom_W2!  I am certain that it will help someone.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

I just ordered the 400W power supply from HP - part number L69242-800. Based on another discussion thread, it should be compatible with my TP01-1127c with the Baker motherboard. 

Once I get it, I will photograph the install process and post it (assuming it's a direct fit, which it should be).

It should have plenty of power for the GTX 1650 card I intend. Actually, the 310 should handle it, but it's at the minimum end so no further room for expansion. I'd rather have some cushion for future changes.

Tom
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.