Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I can confirm by experiments that you can upgrade to any of the E4x00 CPUs on an ECS 945GCT-HM Livermore-GL6 Rev 1.0-B mainboard, provided the BIOS has been updated.

BIOS 5.12 (SP26919) - Unsupported CPU error, no good, need to update

BIOS 5.15 - Good

BIOS 5.25 (SP40914) - Good

BIOS 5.25 is, I believe, the last available BIOS update for this mainboard. The BIOS update program requires Windows Vista 32-bit to work. It does not work on Windows XP. I did not test the update program on Windows 7, 8, 10, or Vista 64-bit.

HP Recommended

I have a old desktop with the 945GCT-HM REV 1.0B Motherboard. I installed Vista Ultimate  32-bit to update the BIOS to v5.25 but I'm getting error " system does not meet the minimum requirements (9996)". Any help?

HP Recommended

Hi @TheGuySheToldU

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

To better assist you - May I have the exact model name of the product? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

While you respond to that, refer to this document for more information - HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - HP Update Error: Your system does not meet the minimum requirements for ...

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue with the same motherboard. Did you find a solution?

HP Recommended

Hi @Jonhogan

1) May I have the exact model name of the product? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

2) What is the error message? 

Let me know. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. It's a 945gct-hm motherboard. I'm trying to get my radeon 5670 to out put a signal but the system will only use the onboard graphics. I updated the bios and set them to pcie. But still nothing. Thanks

HP Recommended

@Jonhogan,

What is the exact model for your computer?

What is the operating system you are using?

Look forward to hearing from you and you have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

its a compaq presario sr5010nx : https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00873242

its currently running windows vista. i have also tried windows 10, 7, and xp

HP Recommended

@Jonhogan,

The graphics memory on the computer is system managed and there is no option to change the settings to use the external graphics.

Hope that answers your question.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

is there any way to mod the bios to accept a gpu? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.