Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 590-p0053w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can I purchase a Lincs motherboard from HP? It is marked as 17514-1 Rev. A. 

If not, can I simply purchase another microATX with a LGA1151 Processor socket and Intel H370 Chipset online and replace it? The Pavilion 590-p0053w specifications says that that motherboard is a Customized Form Factor, but will a microATX fit in this case? The specifications don't give enough details about the chassis for me to know what will work. 

I've owned this computer for about 4 months and after extensive testing I've discovered that the motherboard is damaged. It worked fine for months until one morning it no longer could recognize internal hard drives. Yes, I've tested multiple drives and I've removed the drive and mounted it on my laptop so I know the problem is the motherboard, not anything else. 

I do not have the receipt. I purchased this from Walmart during COVID home-exile and I do not have good records of anything during that period.

Thank you for your advice.

Sincerely,

Scott

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@SPB2020 , welcome to the forum.

"I do not have the receipt. I purchased this from Walmart during COVID home-exile and I do not have good records of anything during that period."

A: Walmart should be able to find your receipt for you.  All of their records are saved electronically.  At least, it is worth a try!

Your best option is to check ebay and other sites to see if you can find the original motherboard:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hp-Pavilion-590-P-Motherboard-Lincs-942012-601-942012-001-LGA1151-17514-1-/...

HP has their motherboards made to their specifications.  Therefore, they are not necessarily the same as retail boards.  The holes of a different brand of motherboard may not match the stand-offs in your HP case.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.