Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Z600
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hey folks.....ome info....

BootBlock Date 1/7/10

System Bios-Setup Utility - 82-2013

System Bios - 786G4 - V.03.57

Running 2 Xeon X5675 @ 3.07GHz

I have "maxed" the system out at 48mb ram, but have seen and been told that this system can run 64mb up to 128mb (the CPU calls for 256, butt hat is not for here)......any truth to this? It is running rock solid,so I am not looking to upgrade theCPU's.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@JJudge1 , welcome to the forum.

I believe that you mean GB; not MB.  Here is the information from the User Guide:

● Six DIMM slots

● Unbuffered DIMM memory configuration from 1 GB to 24 GB

● Registered DIMM memory configuration from 4 GB to 48 GB

Here is the User Guide.  You can find this information on Page 48, in Chapter 7.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@JJudge1 , welcome to the forum.

I believe that you mean GB; not MB.  Here is the information from the User Guide:

● Six DIMM slots

● Unbuffered DIMM memory configuration from 1 GB to 24 GB

● Registered DIMM memory configuration from 4 GB to 48 GB

Here is the User Guide.  You can find this information on Page 48, in Chapter 7.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick reply! I have the manual, and loaded up the memory to 48gb (yes, I meant gb :Wink:)

I am just curios if anyone on the forum has ran the system with more memory, as others are  claming. It rocks as is, just wondering is all.......

Thanks Again!

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @JJudge1 !

This is not your typical forum.  Most members come here for help and leave.  They normally don't lurk in the shadows to help others.  Unless one of the Experts has experience with your model you most likely won't get an answer to your question.  This doesn't mean that it is not possible, however.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.