Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Example: PaOmen 30Lvilion 6530
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Folks, I just purchased an Omen 30L Ryzen edition and am wondering if the motherboard and BIOS support RAID1 on additional SATA drives? I've looked in the documentation and the motherboard simulator but can't find this info. Supposedly the motherboard uses AMD's B450 chipset which does support RAID, but can this be configured in the BIOS?

Thank you for your guidance!

--Phil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You are welcome, @Yankee516!

Unfortunately, your new computer is a Configure To Order (CTO) model and HP doesn't provide much information because they don't know how it will be configured by the buyer.  I will be surprised if there isn't an option for at least RAID 0 and 1 in the BIOS/UEFI.  Also, HP will provide more information with the actual computer.

I know that you are going to enjoy the computer.  It has the latest, greatest, components.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Yankee516 , welcome to the forum.

What is the Product Number of the computer? I need this information to review the specifications of it. Please don't furnish the Serial # or other personal information. You can find the Product Number at the bottom of the page when you open HP Support Assistant.  The Product Number that you listed in the Subject doesn't appear to be correct.

HP Recommended

Hi, and thank you for the reply... I think this is the relevant info from my order:

OMEN 30L Desktop GT13-0280z (1A227AV_1)
HP OMN Moria3 B450 30L PREM US PC
AMD Ryzen™ 7 3700X W/RGB Air Cooling (3.6 GHz up to 4.4 GHz, 32 MB L3 cache, 8 cores)

I haven't received the computer yet, it is being built now. The BIOS simulator only shows the Intel board, not the Moira3 B450 chipset screens.

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @Yankee516!

Unfortunately, your new computer is a Configure To Order (CTO) model and HP doesn't provide much information because they don't know how it will be configured by the buyer.  I will be surprised if there isn't an option for at least RAID 0 and 1 in the BIOS/UEFI.  Also, HP will provide more information with the actual computer.

I know that you are going to enjoy the computer.  It has the latest, greatest, components.

HP Recommended

I appreciate your feedback and reinforcement in my purchase. Cheers!

HP Recommended

@Yankee516 

I am always glad to help!  If you need help in the future, I am here every day at some point.

Good luck!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.