Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 590-p0024
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I can't install additional RAM without getting the memory failure, three buzzes and two beeps.

HP BIOS update says F.41 Rev.A 3/6/2020, however I am currently running AMI F.52 11/16/2020. Is this my issue?

I am always nervous about updating BIOS. I keep my PC updated through Microsoft & HP. The RAM manufacturers state the sticks are compatible with my system. Factory installed 8G and I am trying to go up to 16G.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

OK

if I understand correctly, the f52 update has been installed
but the site only indicates the previous f41
so if that's it let's move on
So with you try what I proposed, the new module alone?
if it works without the original one, you will most certainly have to buy the same one

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

hi

"HP BIOS update says F.41 Rev.A 3/6/2020, however I am currently running AMI F.52 11/16/2020"

what do you mean the bios version is the one in place

your motherboard with SSID 

• HP name: Sunflower
  • SSID: 8433

only version offered here:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-desktop-pc-590-p0000a/19390500/model/21...

HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 8433)

F.41 Rev.A12.3 MBMar 6, 2020

if you change the modules and it doesn't work back to the original module, it works! your modules are incompatible or defective!

HP Pavilion 590-p0024 Desktop PC Product Specifications

• Amount: 8 GB
  • Speed: PC4-21300 MB/s
  • Type: DDR4-2666

• Dual channel (2 DIMMs per channel) memory architecture
  • Two DDR4 UDIMM (288-pin) sockets
  • Supports PC4-19200 (DRR4-2400)
  • Supports 4 GB and 8 GB DDR4 UDIMMs
  • Supports up to 4 GB on 32-bit systems
    note:
    32-bit systems cannot address a full 4.0 GB of memory.
  • Supports up to 32 GB (unbuffered) on 64-bit computers

" Factory installed 8G and I am trying to go up to 16G. "

try if not already tested the new one (if it is an addition)

you may have an incompatibility between different modules

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

The AMI F.52 is the one in place, not F.41 I assume the AMI is a later version? I have a crucial CT8G4DFRA266.C8FE that I am trying to install with the original factory RAM. The two are supposed to be 100% compatible. When I installed the new one I get the Memory Failure on power up.

HP Recommended

OK

if I understand correctly, the f52 update has been installed
but the site only indicates the previous f41
so if that's it let's move on
So with you try what I proposed, the new module alone?
if it works without the original one, you will most certainly have to buy the same one

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

I will try and let you know, Thank you for your help

HP Recommended

Yes the new module works without the factory one installed. So the sticks are not compatible. Once again Thank you for your help.

HP Recommended

You're welcome
Thanks for your feedback

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.