Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion p6-2330 (H3Y77AA#ABA)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Dear Community. 

I hope I can get help for my issue. I bought new memory ram for my Pavilion p6-2330 (H3Y77AA#ABA). I bought 2 cards of 8 gb each. I know from the manual that it can be upgraded to 32. Adding the new memory I have in total 22 GB. When I open the task manager, I see the 16 GB as hardware reserved. I looked for some solutions I found in internet but with no success. I called the BIOS company and they said to call hp. I have windows 10 (64bit) operating system installed. 

Would you please tell me how do I solve this issue? Is there a way I can get access to the upgraded bios software? or in the final case, is this something that can be fixed or I just return the memory and forget about it?

the memory I bought is:

Kuesuny 16GB Kit (8GBX2) DDR3L-1600 Udimm
PC3L-12800/PC3L-12800U 8GB CL11 240 Pin
2RX8 Dual Rank Non ECC Unbuffered 1.35V/1.5V 

Thanks in advance for your help and time.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Miami_Vituky,

1) That unit is circa 2012, and the last BIOS was the version 8 series,  six years ago.   Are you stating all 22 GB is shown in the

Control Panel > System ?

2) Go to search and type msconfig. When that box opens go to boot tab and then advanced options button. Set the max memory value to 0 and uncheck the box. Click to save and restart the machine when prompt to do so.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Hi Wb2001.

The total amount of RAM is shown in the Control Panel - System.

Installed memory (RAM): 22.0 GB (5.39 GB usable).

All the new RAM I added (16 GB) appears as reserved. I can confirm that in the Task Manager - Performance tab. Please see the pics attached. Regarding the solution suggested, I tried many times and with no success. I was looking for an updated version of the BIOS for Windows 10 so I can see the configuration. But the BIOS I see now is limited. I was reading that in the BIOS, there is  a feature called Memory Map Feature, or Internal Graphics that it is related to the memory ram. I looked at the BIOS many times and I did not find that because the BIOS options is limited. My last option was to call the BIOS manufacture and they told me that a solution exist, but they do not know the updates so I have to call HP.Pic1.jpgPic2.jpg

HP Recommended

@Miami_Vituky,

What about the msconfig?  Item # 2 in my list to you.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

I tried that too many times, and I have the same issue.

HP Recommended

Hello
Have you tried the new modules separately
If I understood correctly, the pc is original with 6 GB
And it has been added 2 x 8 gb!
sometimes the modules are not fully compatible with each other!
moreover, it is not very clear in the specifications:
DDR3L-1600 Udimm
PC3L-12800 / PC3L-12800U 8GB CL11 240 Pin
2RX8 Dual Rank Non ECC Unbuffered 1.35V / 1.5V

The motherboard does not seem to be provided for this type of modules

• Amount: 6 GB
  • Speed: PC3-12800 MB/sec
  • Type: DDR3-1600

• Dual channel memory architecture
  • Four 240-pin DDR3 DIMM sockets
  • Supports DDR3 DIMMs
    • PC3-10600 (DDR3-1333)
    • PC3-12800 (DDR3-1600)
    • PC3-14400 (DDR3-1866)
  • Non-ECC memory only, unbuffered
  • Supports 1 GB, 2 GB, 4 GB or 8 GB DIMMs
  • Supports up to 4 GB on 32-bit systems

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi Promethee

Thanks for the advice. I tried all possible combinations but the problem remains. I do not what else to do. I bought those memory ram cards because it is compatible according to one page I found. In my opinion the requirements for adding more memory match the specs, but I am not an expert on hardware. Also, the bios update is not available for windows 10. I am attaching the picture of all memory cards. From the picture, the two cards above are the original memory and the two below are the ones I bought recently.

Is there a possible way of getting the updated bios for Windows 10? Is this something that can be solved or it is better to return the memory cards?

RegardsIMG_20200129_095049.jpg

HP Recommended

Hello
What is going on with the two new modules all by themselves?
The update, being sometimes risky, I would not advise to try, and maybe since time, this last is already up to date.
From what I can see, the modules do not correspond to what is in place and not to what is indicated with the motherboard!
If the two modules work well without the old ones, it is likely that it is an incompatibility between the two types!
Sometimes it works if they are not the same, but you must often buy identical modules!
PC3 original reminder, the new ones are pc3L, this may be enough because it does not work!
After all, everything is possible, I'm not saying it is certain, but there is this reason to take into account

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thank you. I see that you are right about the specific memory model. But I was suggested from Amazon that it was compatible. Anyways, I started the return process to get my money back.

HP Recommended

😉

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.