Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteDesk 800 G2-Tower PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I want ro install a Radeon RX 560 Graphicscard in a HP EliteDesk 800 G2-Tower PC.

With the Graphicscard pluged in the X16PCIE Slot I don't get a picture, nothing, not even a Bootscreen / HP-Logo.
Just a black screen...
I installed the MSI Software & Drivers in Advance - still not working. Tried AMD Adrenaline 2020 - nothing!
Do I have to turn something on in the Bios?

Any help is appreciated - Thanks in advance,
Gerondolom

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Gerondolom , welcome to the forum.

Here are the specifications for the RX 560 card from AMD:  https://www.amd.com/en/products/graphics/radeon-rx-560

If you look at the section titled "Requirements" it states as follows: 

Typical Board Power (Desktop) 60-80 W  PSU Recommendation: 450 W

If your PSU is less than 450 W, the card may not run properly.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Thanks for the fast answer @Old_geekster !

That might be the problem, the Powersupply provides only 280W 🙈
Why didn't i think of that?
Upgrading the Powersupply will be a problem the Mainboard has some unique connectors:
4-Pin Power4-Pin Power2x-6 Pin Power ( But what are those in the orange circle? )2x-6 Pin Power ( But what are those in the orange circle? )
1x 4-Pin Power & 2x 6-Pin Power but what are those in the orange Circle?
It will be hard finding a bigger PSU with those connectors 😐

HP Recommended

You are very welcome, @Gerondolom!

Q:  That might be the problem, the Powersupply provides only 280W
Why didn't i think of that?

A:  Because that is my job! 😙

Yes, it is difficult to upgrade the PSU with your motherboard.  HP does make a 400W PSU that could be ordered originally.  You would have to check to see that it had the appropriate PCIe power connector/s.  I am still not certain that it would allow the card to operate properly.  The card manufacturers are normally overly cautious with their recommendations, however.  They don't want to have people ordering components and have to return them.  You can check on HP PartSurfer to see if HP is selling the 400W PSU:  http://partsurfer.hp.com/

Then, you can check with the manufacturer to see if they can tell you if it will work.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.