Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP 8300 Elite USDT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello to All : New to this forum and by wishes to the people of this forum who are doing there best to solve the problems what people are facing in there computers.

My question sound silly or you may say an absurd question I have a HP 8300 Elite USDT , Although i knew that DDR3L is backward compatible and can be used in DDR3 DIMM socket.

Can i use DDR3L 4GB Module instead of DDR3 PC12800 4GB i need your assistance.

Warm Regards 

Sumair Rathore 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

hi

It is absurd, only the one who acts without thinking, and does not ask, before doing something wrong.

Since there is a story of tension, it might not work

https://fancyappliance.com/ddr3-vs-ddr3l-compatibility/
I would advise you to use what is recommended by HP anyway

this one ?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-compaq-elite-8300-ultra-slim-pc/5232866/document/c03345460

1600-MHz non-ECC DDR3 SDRAM; (2) SO-DIMM slots enabling up to 16GB

Illustrated Parts & Service Map HP Compaq 8300 Elite Business PC Ultra Slim Desktop

HP Compaq Business PC Hardware Reference Guide - Elite 8300 Series Convertible Minitower Elite 8300 ...

5 Ultra-Slim Desktop (USDT) Hardware
Upgrades

Installing Additional Memory

The computer comes with double data rate 3 synchronous dynamic random access memory (DDR3-SDRAM)

small outline dual inline memory modules (SODIMMs).

SODIMMs

The memory sockets on the system board can be populated with up to two industry-standard
SODIMMs. These memory sockets are populated with at least one preinstalled SODIMM. To achieve
the maximum memory support, you can populate the system board with up to 8-GB of memory.

DDR3-SDRAM SODIMMs
CAUTION: This product DOES NOT support DDR3 Ultra Low Voltage (DDR3U) memory. The
processor is not compatible with DDR3U memory and if you plug DDR3U memory into the system
board, it can cause the physical damage to the SODIMM or invoke system malfunction.
For proper system operation, the SODIMMs must be:
● industry-standard 204-pin
● unbuffered non-ECC PC3-12800 DDR3-1600 MHz-compliant
● 1.5 volt DDR3-SDRAM SODIMMs
The DDR3-SDRAM SODIMMs must also:
● support CAS latency 11 DDR3 1600 MHz (11-11-11 timing)
● contain the mandatory Joint Electronic Device Engineering Council (JEDEC) specification
In addition, the computer supports:
● 512-Mbit, 1-Gbit, and 2-Gbit non-ECC memory technologies
● single-sided and double-sided SODIMMS
● SODIMMs constructed with x8 and x16 devices; SODIMMs constructed with x4 SDRAM are not
supported
NOTE: The system will not operate properly if you install unsupported SODIMMs

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply my dear friend but can you elaborate that what does that mean DDR3L is Backward compatible with DDR3 

DIMM that it will also work in the same voltage like 1.5V operating Voltage of DDR3 standards

Regards 

Sumair Rathore

HP Recommended

in the indicated manual it is mentioned
NOTE: The system will not operate properly if you install unsupported SODIMMs
There is a possibility that it will work, but I cannot guarantee it
If in doubt, I prefer to tell you, to use the memory indicated by HP
But you can try, normally if it doesn't work, you should be able to swap the module
The compatibility problem, can come from something other than ddr3l or ddr3, also anyway

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thanks again for a quick reply i will try and see if it works.

As you said the manual clearly illustrated the problem but when i saw other websites and blogs, that's where the confusion started while the intel 3rd Core Gen Processors only supports PC3 12800 Max while not in XMP mode for Gaming rigs the OEM Versions of the Systems.

Well I give it a Try and let you know what the results are thanks for your valuable time and helping me out.

Regards 

Sumair Rathore 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.