Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion p6720f Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Can I install Kingston Technology 4GB 1333 MHz 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM Memory Module in my HP Pavilion p6720f Desktop PC?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@RLM-JR9, welcome to the forum.

Here is the memory that has been fully tested to assure that it will work with the motherboard:

Dual channel memory architecture
Four DDR3 DIMMs (240-pin) sockets
PC3-8500 (DDR3-1066)
PC3-10600 (DDR3-1333)
Non-ECC memory only, unbuffered
Supports 1GB, 2GB, and 4GB DDR3 DIMMs
Supports up to 16 GB on 64-bit systems
Supports up to 4 GB on 32-bit PCs
*32-bit PCs cannot address a full 4.0 GB of memory.

The main thing to note is, the motherboard supports Dual channel memory architecture.  This means that you will get better performance by installing memory modules in pairs.  I believe the memory that you mentioned should work.  However, I suggest contacting Kingston's Tech Support to make certain.  Adding new technology to an older computer can cause problems that are unforeseen.

Here is the memory that is recommended by Crucial Memory.  They make very good memory for OEM computers.  If there app recommends it, it is guaranteed to work or it will be replaced at no additional cost to you.  You should read all of the information on the pages.

Another thing to consider is buying a SSD.  They will improve system performance beyond belief.  I will never have a computer without a SSD boot drive.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@RLM-JR9, welcome to the forum.

Here is the memory that has been fully tested to assure that it will work with the motherboard:

Dual channel memory architecture
Four DDR3 DIMMs (240-pin) sockets
PC3-8500 (DDR3-1066)
PC3-10600 (DDR3-1333)
Non-ECC memory only, unbuffered
Supports 1GB, 2GB, and 4GB DDR3 DIMMs
Supports up to 16 GB on 64-bit systems
Supports up to 4 GB on 32-bit PCs
*32-bit PCs cannot address a full 4.0 GB of memory.

The main thing to note is, the motherboard supports Dual channel memory architecture.  This means that you will get better performance by installing memory modules in pairs.  I believe the memory that you mentioned should work.  However, I suggest contacting Kingston's Tech Support to make certain.  Adding new technology to an older computer can cause problems that are unforeseen.

Here is the memory that is recommended by Crucial Memory.  They make very good memory for OEM computers.  If there app recommends it, it is guaranteed to work or it will be replaced at no additional cost to you.  You should read all of the information on the pages.

Another thing to consider is buying a SSD.  They will improve system performance beyond belief.  I will never have a computer without a SSD boot drive.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

Old Geekster, thanks for the advice.  It's been awhile since I've done any upgrading and I just wanted to double check before I buy.  Again thanks.

HP Recommended

You are very welcome, @RLM-JR9.  I understand fully your concerns about buying the correct components.  The technology is changing so quickly that it is almost impossible to know what will work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.