Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - TG01-0685no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can anyone help me identify how many ram sticks can be installed in this system, and the max frequency on the aforementioned ram. 

I have been looking around and have found many a conflicting answers, so if anyone can help i would greatly appreciate it 🙂 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, you can use a compatible Corsair DIMM memory chip.

The terms are interchangeable.  "DIMM" is just the generic form factor name, which is used to refer to consumer/desktop grade unbuffered ram, aka UDIMM.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the product specs page for your PC.

https://support.hp.com/dk-da/document/c06460257

You can find the memory upgrade info by clicking on the motherboard specs link.

Two DDR4 UDIMM (288-pin) sockets

Supports PC4-25600 (DDR4-3200)

Supports up to 32 GB (unbuffered) on 64-bit computers (2 x 16 GB).

HP Recommended

Hi, what does that mean more specifically, does it mean i have to use a UDIMM ram stick? 

Or would i for instance be able to use a corsair DIMM ram stick? 

HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, you can use a compatible Corsair DIMM memory chip.

The terms are interchangeable.  "DIMM" is just the generic form factor name, which is used to refer to consumer/desktop grade unbuffered ram, aka UDIMM.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.