Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion P6330f
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased 4 sticks of 4gb memory for my aging machine from memory stock web

IMG_20200815_203440__01.jpg

site and received 4 crucial brand sticks. When one is loaded alone it sticks just before loading Windows and goes into power cycle boot loop. Any other combination of new memory doesn't even boot. Currently, I have 3 sticks of 2gb ram. The machine is able accommodate up to 4 x4gb sticks. I checked HP website for a bios update, but they have nothing for this machine. 

Don't know what to do. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

HP desktop PC's with the Intel series 4 and 5 chipsets (yours has the series 5) are very hard to find the right DDR3 memory for.

Try one or two of these and see if they work. If they do, then buy some more. 

These are the ones I used in my HP PC's with those chipsets after other memory which in theory should have worked, did not.

https://www.newegg.com/patriot-4gb-240-pin-ddr3-sdram/p/N82E16820220480?Item=N82E16820220480

HP Recommended

Thank you. I've got them on order now.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Please let us know the outcome.

They should work just fine.

HP Recommended

Update: I received 4 new sticks, from the original seller. They are different than the original ones. They work great. Now maxed at 16gb RAM. Photo of new RAM attached.

IMG_20200824_182335.jpg

HP Recommended

That is great news.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.