Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Hp pavilion Gaming tg01-0023w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I order Corsair vengeance lpx  16gb ddr4 cmk16gz4m1d3000c16 and aparently from what I read when I put it in the computer it will read as 2400 memory and Corsair says it will run 3200 but mother board has to support xmp .. the specs for the hp board say up to 3200 .. any way will I have to over clock this using ryzen master ?  Or is there a

less complicated way ?

If I do have to use ryzen master can I just click auto over clock ?   I am new to this any help would be appreciate it . I  really don’t want to Brick my computer . 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Wesleychef, , welcome back to the Community.

HP has set the BIOS/UEFI to run the memory that comes with the computer at 2666 MHz.  They don't add any Extreme Memory Profiles (XMP's) to overclock it higher than the 2666 MHz.  Frankly, I am not certain which, if any, third party apps will overclock your memory.  Your best option would be to try a couple to see what happens.  The apps are fairly simple to use if you read the instructions carefully.  There are several of them on the Internet.

I will warn you ahead of time, be extremely CAUTIOUS and precede a small amount at a time.  I used Intel XTU (Extreme Tuning Utility) to overclock the CPU on one of my HP motherboards.  I didn't do anything extreme at all and it fried the motherboard.  Some of the HP Techs worked on it and couldn't find anything that I did that should have caused such a catastrophic event.  So, be careful!!!!

Good luck!

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Amd ryzen master snd I believe msi after burner both let you over clock ram .. my ram is rated to 3200 so over clocking it to it rated spec I don’t think  should be a problem the problem is I don’t exactly know what setting to put it .  I used dram calculator I hope these number are right 

HP Recommended

Also what your saying is just because my ram can handle it does not mean my mother board can handle it .. wonder why hp specs  say my mother board can handle 3200 MHz ram but does not let you actually run the ram at that speed ?   Maybe hp could answer that question?  

HP Recommended

@Wesleychef 

@Wesleychef wrote:

Also what your saying is just because my ram can handle it does not mean my mother board can handle it .. wonder why hp specs  say my mother board can handle 3200 MHz ram but does not let you actually run the ram at that speed ?   Maybe hp could answer that question?  

You are correct!  HP has their motherboards made to their specifications and they use them in many different models with different configurations and components; even different BIOS/UEFI's.  Sometimes their specifications reflect this and may not fully match the current model.  One place this is very evident is in the BIOS section of Software and Drivers.  They may have a BIOS/UEFI update for several different motherboards besides the motherboard in the current model.  This is a bit confusing, but when you have thousands of models it is necessary.  It is not an easy task to develop a BIOS/UEFI or driver.

I have been in this Community and its predecessor since 2002.  I am always impressed at how well HP's Techs do their jobs.  I know that it may not always appear that way to a member who has a problem.  The fact is, that approximately 85% of computer problems are caused by software; mainly the OS and drivers.

I hope this gives you a bit of insight to why things happen the way they do!

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.