Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I've circled the three power connections to the my HP motherboard.  The proprietary one is circled on the bottom left.I would like to know if an adapter is available.  The HP 310W PSU solution for the Lincs motherboard is overpriced at $73 shipped.edit.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Correct, if it's the same as the "sunflower" motherboard which labels it as CPU power, main power, and PSU fan connector (the mysterious connector).  The part number is L03980-800 for 310w PSU.  However, I have yet to order this item and assume that it fits my Lincs MB as it is the part number for the gaming model 690-0015xt with the Lincs MB.  Chasis is also identical size.  I went round and round with customer support about the ridiculouslessness of putting an underpowered PSU with virtually no PSU upgrade yet offer a 16x PCI-E.  Does HP assume the user will never put a power hungry add-on into the PCI-E 16x?  Tech supports states that upgrading the PSU "voids the warranty."  Go figure.Capture.JPG

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@jayjay8382,

I separated your information, as your comments were added to a discussion 2 weeks ago.

It is assumed your comment concerns an HP 595 series unit with the LINCS motherboard.  That you doe identifying the individual power headers. I had seen the "white" in various motherboards being used.  You stated it's 7 pins ?   Correct ?

Can you provide the link for the 310W PSU ?  Just curious !

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Correct, if it's the same as the "sunflower" motherboard which labels it as CPU power, main power, and PSU fan connector (the mysterious connector).  The part number is L03980-800 for 310w PSU.  However, I have yet to order this item and assume that it fits my Lincs MB as it is the part number for the gaming model 690-0015xt with the Lincs MB.  Chasis is also identical size.  I went round and round with customer support about the ridiculouslessness of putting an underpowered PSU with virtually no PSU upgrade yet offer a 16x PCI-E.  Does HP assume the user will never put a power hungry add-on into the PCI-E 16x?  Tech supports states that upgrading the PSU "voids the warranty."  Go figure.Capture.JPG

HP Recommended

The 310w PSU from HP parts store fits and works properly.

HP Recommended

I see you marked this as solved but what was your solution? I have a hp sunflower motherboard 8433 with the same proprietary connector and I have a new power supply with a 24pin atx connector that I want to use. 

HP Recommended

I ordered part number is L03980-800 for a small form factor 310w PSU.

HP Recommended

Oh okay thanks for responding. The HP gaming desktop I purchased came with a 400w power supply already but I wanted to up that. Looks like I'll have to keep searching for another solution but glad it worked out for you. 

HP Recommended

There's a 500w PSU for the Berks motherboard (that appears to have the same proprietary connection) is L05757-800. I do not know the size or form factor for this PSU thus it may not fit.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.