Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 550-126
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My computer suddenly clicked off and went dead; like a power outage except everything else in the office was fine.  I assumed a power supply failure and replaced the power supply.  Still dead.  The green light on the back of the computer blinks slowly when the power supply is connected to the computer components; steady otherwise.  I get absolutely no indication of power.  Even the back-light on the power-on switch is dead.  How to diagnose where the issue is?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Was the PSU you installed new? This video has some tips and suggestions. It sure sounds like a PSU problem or quite possibly the MB. And this page may help, also try the system plugged into another outlet. There could be a problem with the receptacle in your area.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the response.  Yes, new PSU.  No problem with the receptacle; tried a couple different ones.  I'm resigned to a bad motherboard.  Had a CPU fan fail a few months ago, and replaced that.  Now this.  Probably related.  Should have upgraded to a new computer then.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.