Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion HPE
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The fan on my graphics card has become very noisy and I need to replace the card.  I have a AMD Radeon HD 6670 card. HP part number 633900-ZH1.   This part in not available anywhere that I could find.  Can someone suggest a very basic card that would work in my computer.   I just need a basic card, don't do gaming. Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@GaryT3 , welcome to the Community.

What is the Product Number of the computer? I need this information to review the specifications of it. Please don't furnish the Serial # or other personal information. You can find the Product Number at the bottom of the page when you open HP Support Assistant.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

product number is QU043AA#ABA

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @GaryT3!

I am having difficulty finding a low-end video card that will run with your 300W power supply unit (PSU).  HP has their components engineered to work with the other components in the computer.  This means that their cards may run with less power than a retail version with the same model number.  Here is basically the same card: https://www.newegg.com/sapphire-radeon-hd-6670-100326-2gl/p/N82E16814102992

However, if you look at the Specs it shows that it requires a 400W PSU.  Also, the newer cards require UEFI in the motherboard instead of a standard/Legacy BIOS: https://www.howtogeek.com/56958/HTG-EXPLAINS-HOW-UEFI-WILL-REPLACE-THE-BIOS/

HP didn't begin using UEFI until mid-October, 2012.  Your computer was released in October, 2011.  The last series of cards not to require UEFI were the GTX 660/670's.  This limits your choices even more.

I suggest that you choose a manufacturer and contact their Tech Support to see if they have a card that will work with your system.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the info. I guess I could buy a refurbished card for about $250 - $300.  But, I have noticed in some of the pictures of the cards they have a DVI connection for the monitor.  I need a VGA.  Could I buy an adapter to make the connection?

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @GaryT3!

Yes, you can buy an adapter.  Just make certain that you buy the correct version of DVI.  I did see a card of two that had VGA.  It is getting difficult to find, however.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.