cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Glenn_M
Level 1
14 11 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Replacing HP Blue Ray Drive BDDVDRW CH30L

HP Recommended
Envy Phoenix 810-135qe
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Blue Ray/DVD combo drive has died after only 6 years of light use. The model number is BDDVDRW CH30L. This is a full size internal SATA drive. Can someone suggest a replacement drive?

Thanks,

Glenn

Success comes before work only in the dictionary.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,272 18,898 2,921 9,296
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Glenn_M 

@Glenn_M wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

I see that the drive is no longer available from HP. And the Ebay link was only for used items. Do you have a recommendation for replacing it with an equivalent, but new drive?

I am sorry, but I don't know what would replace it.  HP has their products made to their specifications.  Therefore, they are not always the same as retail components.  I suggest that you chose a manufacturer and contact their Tech Support to see if they can help you.  They are the experts on their products.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
3 REPLIES 3
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Glenn_M , welcome back to the Community.

Here is the drive on HP PartSurfer.  Also, here is the drive on ebay.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

Glenn_M
Author
Level 1
14 11 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.

I see that the drive is no longer available from HP. And the Ebay link was only for used items. Do you have a recommendation for replacing it with an equivalent, but new drive?

Success comes before work only in the dictionary.
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Glenn_M 

@Glenn_M wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

I am sorry, but I don't know what would replace it.  HP has their products made to their specifications.  Therefore, they are not always the same as retail components.  I suggest that you chose a manufacturer and contact their Tech Support to see if they can help you.  They are the experts on their products.

View solution in original post

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation