Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
32-A0010 HP Envy AIO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP USB Nightfall black wireless keyboard and mouse combo.
The AIO included mouse works good, but the keyboard no longer connects to the computer. KBD power LED works good. Already replaced the batteries. There is no external dongle, so I presume the USB wireless connectivity is internal, and will only connect to both included devices, KBD & mouse.
Based upon my presumptions, if I get the same model KBD that came with the AIO as a replacement, will it connect wirelessly to my AIO?
Or is there a different method to connect the new KBD?
If not, is there another option to be able to connect the same model of KBD & mouse?
If the original model of KBD & mouse cannot be connected to my AIO, I would presume any wireless KBD would work (using their dongle).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello
confirm the model please

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-all-in-one-pc-32-a0000i/29051861/model/32797159/product...
But if it is the one, indeed as we can verify it here, the dongle is internal

HP ENVY All-in-One 32-a0000 Desktop PC - Part Locator

In the majority of cases, we can not change one without the other.
Difficult to confirm here, we do not have all the information
It is generally necessary to replace everything
You can normally choose any keyboard
either it will be necessary to disassemble in order to place the dongle, or use the dongle on external usb (if there is enough)

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello
confirm the model please

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-all-in-one-pc-32-a0000i/29051861/model/32797159/product...
But if it is the one, indeed as we can verify it here, the dongle is internal

HP ENVY All-in-One 32-a0000 Desktop PC - Part Locator

In the majority of cases, we can not change one without the other.
Difficult to confirm here, we do not have all the information
It is generally necessary to replace everything
You can normally choose any keyboard
either it will be necessary to disassemble in order to place the dongle, or use the dongle on external usb (if there is enough)

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi Promethee,

The link to verify the model does in fact show the correct model. Instead of opening up the chassis, I'll buy a wireless keyboard & mouse with its own dongle.

Great information!

Thank you very much,

TCDIAG

HP Recommended

You're welcome

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.