Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Prodesk 400 g3

I am trying to put my old Prodesk 400 g3 motherboard  into a new case- and I have a RESET SW cable and can't find a diagram for it to go into the PB/LED. It is the pinout with 6 missing. I know there should be a jumper in location 8 and 10 - can I use this for the reset sw? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

normally a reset is done by temporally shorting/connecting the power supplies power good line to ground on systems that have a 20/24 pin ATX motherboard power connector

however i believe your system does not use a ATX supply but a external power brick if so the above will not work

you can try looking at the old case and trace the reset button wiring to the motherboard connector pins not all computers had a reset button, if so there may not be a pin header on the motherboard for a reset button

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

normally a reset is done by temporally shorting/connecting the power supplies power good line to ground on systems that have a 20/24 pin ATX motherboard power connector

however i believe your system does not use a ATX supply but a external power brick if so the above will not work

you can try looking at the old case and trace the reset button wiring to the motherboard connector pins not all computers had a reset button, if so there may not be a pin header on the motherboard for a reset button

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, got it sorted. The Reset SW is not possible on the PB/LED on the older mobo, so I will use a jumper on pins 8 and 10. Thanks for the reply.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.