Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I found the same thing trying to install the 905605-001 into my 800 G3 Tower.  I misinterpreted how the card reader fit in.  The clip is only for the cover plate card slot filler.   I removed that and broke off the tab off on the chassis which covered the card reader slot.  Then slip the end of the cable thru the slot and screw the card reader into position.

It didn't work so I opend all again and noticed that the card reader plug that goes onto the motherboard had one connector hole blocked off.  Then I looked at the male portion on the motherboard and it had one pin missing.  That would all make sense excepr the missing connector pin and blocked connector hole don't match up.  I'd have to turn the plug 180 degrees to make them match and there isn't enough cable to do thet.  Now I'm confused.

Anyone?

HP Recommended

Update to my 905605-001 with too short of a cable.   I called Business Tech support & the guy said it was the wrong part number.  It shoyld be 905605-002.  The -001 is for the small form factor.  So, I am researching that now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.