Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Slimline 260-a102nf

Hi

I'm trying to put a SSD Samsung 860 QVO 1Tb in a HP Slimline 260-a102nf (product num Y1E11EA)

the bios uefi does not recognize it, (Bios ROM SSID 821D version F.50 (05/05/2019))

I have no access to boot menu,  Bios UEFI... only black screen (not freezed)

I've tried with an another older SSD model, and all works well (install W10 completed)

but I want to put the 1Tb Samsung in it

it seems that the UEFI does not support this new model of SSD

Thx for answer or tips to try

Edit: Try with a 500Gb samsung ssd 860evo, and same thing,

hp logo, black screen with bios, ram, cpu specs...

no access to boot menu, press F9 or F10 key make message appears "boot menu" but nothing happens

I can't boot on a usb key to make a new windows 10 installation

HP always make special firmware for the disk they put in their PCs

It works with an old 64Gb sandisk SSD (too old and too small for use)

Edit 2 : It seems also working with Crucial SSDs, it works with a Crucial MX300 250Gb

May be it will work with MX500 series but I have not try (Crucial site says it)

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Lutinator,

This has been a plague for the HP 260 series. I can tell you that Kingston branded SSD will work.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Thx for answer

I've succeeded with a Crucial one (MX300 series)

May be it will also work with MX500, but I don't want to purchase one for test

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.