Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp Envy 23-k300xt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, since installing Windows 10 my all-in-one Envy is EXTREMELY slow on start up, and takes about 15-20 minutes of start up time before the HDD usage drops below 100%. I love the machine itself so instead of replacing the whole thing i was looking to upgrade to a SSD drive, which i've read can fix the performance issues. Memory has already been upgraded.

Can HP please confirm if the Samsung 870 QVO SATA III 2.5" SSD is compatible with this PC?

Also, any steps or additional cables needed to allow an OS clone from current HDD to new SSD before I drop it in?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Clarkdog86 

Please use Device Manager, Disk drives to see what is it now, you may need more part(s) for 2.5" SSD.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi BH, thanks for the reply. 

I did check and existing HDD is a Seagate ST2000LM003 HN-M201RAD. i pasted the specs for this HDD below.

I believe the Samsung SSD is similar form factor (2.5"), so this seems compatible but was hoping HP expert could confirm before i order the new SSD.

Thanks,

Sean

Drive Type Hard Disk Drive This defines whether the drive is a large-capacity slower hard disk drive, a smaller-capacity but much faster solid-state drive, or a hybrid
Physical Size 2.5" The size of the drive dictates which drive bays it will fit into - generally a small drive will fit into any bigger drive bay with an adapter
Capacity 2000GB The drive storage capacity is the limit to the size of files that can be stored
Release Date 01 Nov 2013 The later the release, the more likely manufacturer support will still be around
Cache Size 32MB The bigger the cache, the more data that can be temporarily stored for faster access
Power Required 2W HDDs should generally require very little power to run, and SSDs even less
RPM 5400 RPM The higher the RPM, the faster the hard drive, and the faster stored data can be accessed
Drive Interface SATA 6Gb/s The interface is the type of motherboard connection and defines the bandwidth limit of the drive

HP Recommended

@Clarkdog86 

The existing Seagate ST2000LM003 HDD is a 2.5" drive format therefore 2.5" 870 EVO from Samsung should fit. You don't need adapter.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.