Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Unknown

I was recently trying to upgrade my Envy 27-p075na. I got the memory modules from Mr Memory and installed them - great results; but I wanted to also improve on the storage; and I just did not know what the drive set-up looked like. I found your offering and with the excellent set of pictures I recognized all the bits that had confronted me earlier. I would never have guessed that I had been looking at the SSD all the time. I was expecting something blockier like the actual Hard Drive 2.5 enclosure. Just goes to show - you are never to old to learn a new trick. Incidentally - is there any compatible processor that might be an improvement on my current I7-6600t at 2.8? or might you know where I could find a compatibility list. Thanks for everything so far.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@KayPee04
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I see you need help in upgrading the SSD, on HP ENVY 27-p075na TouchSmart All-in-One Desktop PC. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you.

After reading your post, I did go through the Product specifications of your product and found that you have 1 TB  hard drive and 128 GB M.2 Solid State Drive installed on the PC.  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution..

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the answer - I have already ordered a replacement 1.92 TB SSD and an SSD hybrid Firecuda by Seagate with a 2Tb capacity - so I should be fine with this much faster storage. With regards to the processor - I have been prying into the Skylake boards available that may or may not be compatible with my casing etc. It does  however lead one to the i7-6700K which fits the same socket and moreover is capable of Sd4 as well as the SD3 I currently have. In the Intel test results it offers a 97% chance of full integration. I can find no other guidance as Intel states that not all manufacturers test all configurations. I am not looking for miracles but the 4Gig 6700K would offer a worthwhile boost to my 2.8 Gig 6700T. Unfortunately I am unable to get any more information. You have been the best guide so far who seems to understand what I am trying. If I have to live with the Integrated graphics by Radeon - so be it - but there would be a quantifiable improvement if the 6700K was acceptable on the Pegatron Bulldozer Board .

HP Recommended

@KayPee04
Thank you for posting back. 

I would suggest investing capital on a new computer will be a good option for you wherein you customize the graphics and PSU according to your usage. 
Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your advice - that would certainly be the option were I able to afford that route. Once you exceed a certain age - any finance arrangements opportunities disappear. They are happy to take your money but not so happy to extend you credit. It matters not if you have a sufficient income  "The rules is the rules!" Anyway although I like the new 6 core HP have brought out for power and graphics - I don't like the return of the box base; that seems a step backwards. I know - you need the room for bigger cooling fans and separate card assemblies; but you are losing the lovely clean lines the Envy has been so successful with. The cost of a 6700K processor will set me back around £250 and I can live with that; it will fit the socket I already know and they both use Z type Skylake boards. that hangs pretty well against over £2700 or more for a computer I don't really like as much. Call me pernickety if you like but it is about the only privilege I have left now that the BBC has decided to charge me for not watching their rubbishy real life programs. If you think that there is anyway I could delve infurther on the course I have already taken - I would be most grateful

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.