I would like to upgrade the desktop by cloning the HDD to SSD. Motherboard is Milton with Two M.2 socket 3, key M (one for SSD card PCIe x4).
I've installed 2 x 8 GB ram. Then install Kingston A2000 NVMe™ PCIe SSD Gen 3.0 x 4 Lanes (M.2 2280), and Windows can recognize the SSD before cloning. However it cannot boot the System from SSD even I changed the BIOS, the screen is black with a cursor after booting.
HP's test show the SSD DST Short test and Long test failed. Is A2000 SSD compatible with this desktop ?
I have gone through your Post and would like to help
Is the SSD Test failed, means it is a Hard drive issue. You can also contact HP Support for Service Options
1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device.
4) Select the country from the drop-down.
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences.
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".