Tutor
8 6 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Screen goes black for a second

HP Envy Recline 27 k000 TouchSmart All-in-One PCs
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ever since I bought my computer, there would be occasions where the screen would go black for about a second and then come back.  Sometimes it just happens once.  Others it would happen several times in a row, spaced about 10 seconds apart.  And sometimes, it does it continuously where it is difficult to use the computer.  When it does it continuously, I just reboot the computer and the problem goes away.

After I replaced my hard drive with an SSD drive, it seems to happen a lot less, but it still does occasionally happen.

My guess is that it has nothing to do with the hard drives and probably with the video card (which I think is now part of the motherboard on many newer computers).

I ran the HP diagnostics several times and nothing shows up as bad.  

Any thoughts on what it could be?

3 REPLIES 3
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4416 4405 413 922
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

The generic product number you are providing does not allow for checking what integrated GPU is installed on the motherboard. It could be Intel, AMD, or Nvidia.

You either may need an updated graphics driver or you may have a hardware problem. Since this problem has existed from the purchase date it should have been reported to HP during the warranty period or returned to the seller for a refund/exchange.

Again, don't know how old your PC is and don't know your PC's hardware specifications.

Regards

0 Kudos
kircomputer Tutor
Tutor
8 6 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a Intel i7 4765T CPU and Intel Graphics 4600

0 Kudos
Regents Professor
Regents Professor
4416 4405 413 922
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I need your PC's product number so I can check for an Intel graphics driver update.

This may or may not fix the problem.

Regards

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation