Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP SSD EX950 M.2 1TB
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP SSD EX950 M.2 1TB that is still in warranty and is not being recognized properly by BIOS or OS (windows 10) and I can't no longer use it. I tried to register my product on HP site so I could get help, but it says to enter a valid serial number. But I have 3 HP SSDs and all three can't get a valid serial number on HP site. I double checked the characters and still got an error message. 

Please, someone could help me on this matter?

Thanks for any assistance

Klaus

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi@Alkaloid,Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Apologies for all the inconvenience!

Request you to follow the below . 

Register your product

Hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Thanks for trying to help me. Indeed, I managed with your link to register and create an account. But I am still not being able to solve my problem. I can't get it to be recognized (the serial and product number) so I can the warranty status.

I just need to contact someone to tell me where to send my defective SSD. The site keeps saying "HP was unable to find a match based on the information provided"....

Please, please, is there a direct email to support or someone to give me directions on what to do? Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi@Alcaloide,

I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the warranty and registration of the product. 

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.   

Have a great day!  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

HP Recommended

Hi.

Thanks for your reply.

In fact, I tried a local support, but as I have bought the product in US, they denied me of any help. That's why I am trying to contact US support.

My product has a 5 year warranty, it is still on.

The problem is why is it so difficult to contact directly HP? I am using the right serial number. There is a problem with the system that is not recognizing any of my three ssd's.

Please, if you have any direct contact with a warranty servicer, please, please, help me.

HP Recommended

HI@Alcaloide

We not able to find the serial number of the internal  part on the notebook,

hence the Operating system of the notebook is obsolete its end of support life the only  option contact a local technician.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.