Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
s5-1224
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Would any body be able to help this poor slob out ?  God forbid HP would make avaiable to its customers a look up table for all numerous number of Falure ID's that their lovely machines generate ! 

My computer has been running slow so I ran a dignostics test (F2) key during boot-up and ran the HP Basic System Diagnostoics test with the following results:

SMART Check: Passed

Short DST: Failed

Failure ID: MOFPV9-0008R1- WPWX1G-60V803

What the furshtuntz does this Failure ID mean exactly ? 

Thank You in adavance my fine feathred friend !!!

Steve J

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings @hemihead

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you were facing a slow performance issue and ran a system test which failed, is that right?

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

This failure code indicates that the HDD has gone bad or on the verge of going bad completely. 

If you are able to boot the computer to the Desktop screen, please back up your data immediately and replace the HDD and use the computer. 

Once you have replaced the HDD you would need to install the OS using the recovery kit created on the computer. 

If you do not have a recovery kit, please contact our phone support team to order a copy of the recovery kit meant for your computer. 

Please click here to download the service guide of your computer. 

Refer to page number 2 in the service guide for assistance in replacing the HDD.

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Greetings @hemihead

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you were facing a slow performance issue and ran a system test which failed, is that right?

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

This failure code indicates that the HDD has gone bad or on the verge of going bad completely. 

If you are able to boot the computer to the Desktop screen, please back up your data immediately and replace the HDD and use the computer. 

Once you have replaced the HDD you would need to install the OS using the recovery kit created on the computer. 

If you do not have a recovery kit, please contact our phone support team to order a copy of the recovery kit meant for your computer. 

Please click here to download the service guide of your computer. 

Refer to page number 2 in the service guide for assistance in replacing the HDD.

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear Chimney_83,

Thank You sincerely for all your help with this.  I'll replacethe HDD imediately.  Again, Thank You !

Much Obilged.

I had to replace the power supply on this model shortly after I purchased it just a couple years ago, now this.

They don't build them like they used to I tell you.

Kind Regards,

Steve J 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.