Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Magic wings m200 multimedia kb
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Recently i cleaned my keyboard and after that some keys stopt responding so i thought its broken. I buyd a new one  but  the problem is not solved, i tried to update my drivers:no result. I think it's something  with the registry but i'm  not sure.

Also i re-installed the windows but it's same, anyone can help i'm thankful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for your assisstant i recently buyed a new keyboard and everythink is just jine i think that the keyboard is defected so i have connected to the manufacturer of the keyboard and we tryng to figure it up so we can chek the question as solved. 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @paeka,

Welcome to HP Forums, 

this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out, 

As I understand you are having issues with some of the keys on the keyboard are not working. I'll be really glad to help you with this,

First off, we need to establish if the issue is hardware or software related. In order to do this please perform a few steps? Let’s do a hard reset first.

Steps:

• Power down the computer and unplug the charger. Then remove the battery only if it is a removable one.
  • Hold down the power button of the unit for 15 seconds to discharge static electrical charges inside the machine.
  • Replace the battery and reconnect the charger.

Then we need to check in the command prompt outside of windows to see if all the keyboard characters work correctly to isolate the issue correctly to a hardware or software failure.

Steps to do it:

• Power down the unit. When you power it back up, immediately tap the F11 key gently several times.
  • It takes you to recovery manager. Here please select the option “Troubleshoot”. Then please select “Advanced options “ and  “command prompt”
  • Type all the keyboard characters in this black window especially the keys that do not work correctly.
  • If F11 does not take you to recovery manager, please keep tapping the “ESC” gently several times the instant you power on the unit. It takes you to the startup menu and you could press F11 from there to go to recovery manager.

For further assistance, please follow the steps suggested in the support document for HP Notebook PCs - Notebook Keyboard Troubleshooting (Windows 7) - Click here

If the issue persists, I would suggest you contact our HP Phone support for further assistance. Please fill in the product details to get the tech support number.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted for any other assistance,

If the information I've provided was helpful,

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your assisstant i recently buyed a new keyboard and everythink is just jine i think that the keyboard is defected so i have connected to the manufacturer of the keyboard and we tryng to figure it up so we can chek the question as solved. 🙂

HP Recommended

@paeka

You're most welcome and glad to know the issue is now fixed.

As @Jeet_singh is out of the office, I'm replying to you. I will keep @Jeet_singh updated about your reply. 

Happy computing! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.