02-16-2019 04:58 PM
I recently purchased a HP Envy 795-0025t.
I want to replace the Optane card with a Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M2 SSD.
Then, I want to boot from the Samsung 970 in the M.2 slot AND use the existing 1TB HD for data.
What steps do I have to do to make this happen?
Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Solved! Go to Solution.
02-18-2019 04:36 PM
Welcome to HP Support Community
You can install the NVMe M2 SSD drive and reinstall the OS on the SSD drive and ensure it is set as the primary boot device
Hope this helps 😊
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.
I Am An HP Employee
02-21-2019 01:10 PM
The M.2 NVMe SSD was installed and works! I used a WD Black 1TB NVMe 2280. Steps were:
1. Used Intel Rapid Storage Tech program to disable the Optane memory.
2. Shut down and remove the Optane card from the M.2 slot and install the WD SSD card.
3. Then, used Acronis to clone the 1TB Hard drive to the 1TB SSD NVMe drive in the m.2 slot.
4. Shut down and remove the 1TB Hard drive.
5. Then boot into BIOS and make sure the SSD in the M.2 slot is the boot device.
6. It took a few minutes on reboot, but it worked perfectly.
The advantage was I did not have to reinstall win 10 as I had added many of my personal programs and they would have been lost on a reinstall of the OS.