Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP 24-g020
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

All of a sudden my touch stopped working. My desktop is rarely used, the only thing it is really used for is for my disabled son to get on to his adult day program meeting daily for about 2 hours. He doesn't touch anything on it for him to have messed up the touchscreen. I have went into the start & typed in for pen & touch settings & it says that there is 'no pen or touch available  for this display'. I have searched for drivers & help on the HP website & cant seem to figure out what is wrong or how to fix it. I'm sure the fact that I'm not very computer savvy does not help. I also had an issue with my wireless keyboard & mouse. It stopped working all of a sudden. Seems like both issues happened at the same time. It will not read the USB adapter for the keyboard & mouse. I had to hook up the original keyboard that came with the desktop.    

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Are there 3 cables connected to the monitor:

1. power
  2. video
  3. USB, to treat the surface of the screen the same way as a touchpad that is present on many laptops, e.g., move your fingers over the touchpad to move the mouse-pointer, and "tap" the touchpad to "click" the mouse?

Could it be that the USB cable is now connected to a "failed" USB socket on your computer?

3. It will not read the USB adapter for the keyboard & mouse

Will that adapter work correctly, when connected to any other desktop/laptop? If so, then your computer may have multiple problems detecting USB devices.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.