Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi bklavdij,

Thanks for the Intel installation log.

I see the error result but it is not clear what is causing the error.

I can't see the second image (the first image is now viewable) in your previous post. It takes a while for the HP forum to clear the image.

Can you check Control Panel, Programs and Features to see if you can uninstall the Intel Trusted Execution Engine Interface Driver? I don't know if it will be on the list of programs which can be removed.

Sorry; I have no additional suggestions to offer other than backing up data and trying a clean Windows 10 installation to see what happens.

This procedure may require installing drivers and firmware from your PC's HP Support site. This procedure is time consuming.

There may be a quicker fix but I am not aware of the fix.

Contact Microsoft Support. Maybe they can help.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi, the Intel Trusted Execution Engine Interface Driver is not on the list in Programs and Features, i alredy contacted Microsoft but they can`t help me, probably the only solution is to reinstall W10.

Can you suggest me where to search how to reinstall W10?

Thaks you for the help

HP Recommended

Hi bklavdij,

One does not usually encounter integrated TPM chips on consumer motherboards. So I am baffled as to why you are having this problem.

And the fact that HP is not providing recovery media means you must install the latest version of W10. We never established what W10 version update caused the problem (I can only guess the version doing this is 1803). A clean W10 install may not fix this problem.

Your HP PC Support site for driver downloads can be reviewed here. (link).

HP usually provides a Recovery kit purchase option. It appears your PC does not have this option.

Other sites also provide Recovery kit purchase options.

It appears this is also not the case.

Best2Serve (link).

Computer Surgeons (link).

So this means, unless you have an offline backup image of Windows 10 and a bootable Windows recovery USB stick, you will have to install Windows 10 clean. Then you will have to go to the first link (HP driver downloads) and manually download and install drivers required to get your PC working correctly (zero Device Manager errors).

Back up data before you install Windows 10 clean.

You can get Windows installation media here (link).

Create W10 installation media. I recommend using USB media.

This article should provide good details on installing W10 clean. (link).

Then go to your PC's Support site (above referenced link) to install drivers.

First do the Chipset and MEI , IRST, Network and WIFI stuff.

Then do the other stuff. Don't do a BIOS update before discussing this in the forum.

Best wishes. Get back to the forum if you have any problems.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.