Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Thin Client T530
Other

Having been a long time user of the HP Thin client's i took a special liking to the T520 and the T620 machines. The are reliable work horses with a decent performance and when equipped with the HP ThinOS you cannot realy go wrong with these. Safe to say i have a considerable array of those little machines under my wing.

But as all good things come to an end, so did the T520. Enter the "successor", the T530. Which turned out to be a serious dissappointment.

• The rugged and solid keyboard is gone. A slimline keyboard that feels flimsy with a laptop like short traveling distance for the keys. No more desktop quality keyboard, but a low response thingy that may look trendy, but doesnt realy stand up to long typing work.

• The casing. The dual orientation is gone. So no longer is it possible to slide the casing in a horizontal position under the display. You are forced to use the standing up position with the space taking foot. Resulting in a less then solid positioning and much more visibility to the wirings.

• These things being enterprisy devices, we do enterprisy things. Like labeling all hardware that we buy with an asset tag. Now the 520 did not only have ample room to attach that label, it even had a small slider in the casing which included bar codes for the device type and serial number. ALL GONE. The new casing is very rounded and has a ribbon design all over it. So no more cleanly attaching of a label on the back or underside. (you dont realy have an under side anymore loosing the horizontal positioning anyway).
    Worse: If you now have a device in your hand there no longer even is a serial number on it. Have fun moving hundreds of these around without a visual clue on them

I will soon be moving the two 530's i now have for testing to some location far out of my sight, and will not be revisting this model for further purchases  again.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Just to let you know, the dual orientation/product info IS still there.....just hidden:

Lift cover from base side of unit (where foot attaches)Lift cover from base side of unit (where foot attaches)Cover is held by 3 magnets and a locating pin. Simply lift off.Cover is held by 3 magnets and a locating pin. Simply lift off.Mounting holes for foot (circled)Mounting holes for foot (circled)

HP Recommended

Capture.JPG

lol, I don't think you really need a knife to open that t530. Just press somewhere on the red mark.

HP Recommended

No probably not, but it's just easier to lift the panel with something thin and stiff rather than using my sausage fingerrs.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.