Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
TouchSmart 310-1125f
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently got a TouchSmart 310 from a thrift store and swapped out the original drive for an SSD so I could install Windows 10. I got everything up and running finally, but the drive bay isn't really designed for an SSD so I was looking for some sort of bracket.  I came across this on eBay and was wondering if anybody knew if this would fit, or had any other suggestions for me.  this is my 1st HP product so I'm not all that familiar with their setup.  

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to insert links here so this is the title of the item I found on eBay:

For HP 654540 2.5" SSD to 3.5" SAS Adapter Tray Converter HDD Caddy Bracket

also, the PC I got has an AMD Athlon II X2 245e chip.  according to the Product Specifications page it can handle up to an Athlon II X4 6xx/6xxe series Propus chip.  is it worth upgrading the chip, and which is the best chip to get?  I had some extra RAM from an old laptop so I have maxed out the TouchSmart to 8Gb.  I also read somewhere about some sort of an external video card that can possibly be installed but I'm not sure if my model can handle it, or even what this type of external card is, I've never heard of it before.   MXM?  I think the article I read said MXM II or III, I can't remember which.  will the TouchSmart 310-1125f take this card?  is it worth adding it?  I'm not sure what I plan to use this system for yet.  kinda more of a curiosity at the moment, I've never used an all-in-1 touchscreen system before and since it was only $10 I figured why not check it out.  I also need to get a wireless keyboard/mouse for it as it only came w/ the power cable.  any suggestions for something decent there?  I have an old Dell KM714 wireless keyboard/mouse combo set that I really like but my brother is borrowing it at the moment for his mac, I'm not sure when (if) I'll get it back.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@WhiteKenny 

Please try

https://computers.mwave.com.au/electronics/2.5-To-3.5-Adapter

Sorry, the store is my local store but there are many similar stores in the US such as Best Buy ... .

Regards

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hello BH,

so, any 2.5in to 3.5in drive caddy will work?  the touchsmart seems to me like it has a very custom hard drive caddy.  or, do I put the 2.5in to 3.5in caddy  inside the 1 in the touchsmart?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.