zgwolf1
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Touchscreen gone after BIOS update

HP Recommended
Pavilion 24-b019 (touch)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm IT person and the company practice is  to factory reset PC for new users (in our case Pavilion all in one 24-b019). PC was fully functional before reset. Reset was done from factory image and after installation all the suggested updates are done according to and HP assistant . One of them was BIOS flush from original F.20 to the latest F.55. I'm not sure what differences new BIOS is bringing but one of them is that Touchscreen (and possibly webcam) is no longer recognized and here I'm not talking about Windows drivers  issue. Motherboard is not recognizing anymore native hardware built into HP PC. Diagnostic tool in BIOS  is not seeing touch screen so there is nothing to test. Unfortunately BIOS flush in not possible to older version. I found multiple cases like this across the forums where HP tech trying to explain how to update win drivers etc. but this is not an issue of drivers nor damage. I understand that new versions of BIOS are not responsible for third party hardware issues but this is their own built in component. I would appreciate to find out if anyone had some positive outcome with this since this pc is out of warranty

3 REPLIES 3
KrazyToad
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
22,671 22,658 1,360 1,376
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@zgwolf1

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

I suggest you try a BIOS Recovery and let me know if that helps

Please follow the instructions in this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04126730

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
zgwolf1
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I did try but it is impossible to roll back to older version. I tried to roll back to original and two additional previous BIOS  versions ofor that ROM but there was always a message something like  "Unable to open BIOS signature file". There is explanation beside each BIOS version on HP site that there will be no to rolling back to previous versions due to security issues

0 Kudos
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 29,140 1,953 2,593
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@zgwolf1

I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03488148

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation