cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
SecCon
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Two questions: RAM underclocked - + CPU Upgrade

HP Recommended
EliteDesk 800 G1 SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I have two questions about a computer I purchased second hand for office use only.

1. I recently noticed that my RAM - which is correct for this computer - is running at 1333Mhz instead of 1600Mhz which it should be able to according to specifications. I can not find any setting in BIOS that might affect this (the obvious thing to look at would be power profiles). Is there any other way to correct the RAM speed?  The speed has been checked both in BIOS, reports 1333, and in Windows, also reports 1333 on 1600 modules. This is the RAM in question: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Memory/High-Performance-Memory/Vengeance%C2%AE-Low...
  2. I am looking in to making a CPU upgrade, and considering replacing the current i5 with an i7 4770, but I see a slightly better option in the i7 4770K. Do you see any issue with choosing the K variant?

Appreciate any relevant answers.

1 REPLY 1
SecCon
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No one has anything to add to these questions?

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation