Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
GT13-0380t

Hello, 

Seems as though it’s not possible to change my order even though it hasn’t been built yet, I have a couple of regrets, lol.

I specified for 32gb of ram installed and trying to figure out exactly which ram it is so I can add some of my own when I get the unit.

HyperX® 32 GB DDR4-3200 XMP SDRAM (2 x 16 GB) In the product details.

Would like to purchase another 2 x 16 to add. I assume it is the HyperX “fury” ram but can’t find this info.

thanks for any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Unfortunately, you will have to wait until it arrives.

Once it has arrived and you have it set up, you will be able to discover the brand and model of memory modules that are installed.  You can use either CPU-z or command line commands to get that information. I will edit this thread and put in the command  line code you can use.

Open a Powershell or Command line dialog and copy and paste the following text in and then press enter.

wmic memorychip get | clip

The information will be put into memory

Open Notepad and use  a Ctrl-v keystroke  to paste the contents of memory into the Notepad document.

Adjust the width of the notepad window to make the wealth of information more easily viewable. 

For best the results and zero surprises you will need to either upgrade to 64 GB with  16 GB modules that are identical to those installed or install four identical guaranteed compatible 16 GB memory modules. 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Unfortunately, you will have to wait until it arrives.

Once it has arrived and you have it set up, you will be able to discover the brand and model of memory modules that are installed.  You can use either CPU-z or command line commands to get that information. I will edit this thread and put in the command  line code you can use.

Open a Powershell or Command line dialog and copy and paste the following text in and then press enter.

wmic memorychip get | clip

The information will be put into memory

Open Notepad and use  a Ctrl-v keystroke  to paste the contents of memory into the Notepad document.

Adjust the width of the notepad window to make the wealth of information more easily viewable. 

For best the results and zero surprises you will need to either upgrade to 64 GB with  16 GB modules that are identical to those installed or install four identical guaranteed compatible 16 GB memory modules. 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thanks for the info.

I actually did contact support through chat and they told me it was the Fury RAM. Hoping they are right because I have 2 sticks ready to go in, lol.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.