Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

USB 3.1 Ports

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 590-p0024
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased this computer and hooked up 4 Seagate drives to each of the 4 usb 3.1 ports on the back of the unit. The system recognized the drives but then constantly disconnects and connects. I contacted HP support and Seagate and they had me do the same thing, uninstall and have the OS reinstall, but nothing works. I do have a Samsung Bluray player/burner connected and it is fine. I had all 4 Seagate drives hooked up to a 2.0 USB hub that was connected to an HP laptop and the drives worked fine. I need help before my warranty runs out.device manager-usb.png

Thank you for your attention in this matter.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
15,840 15,800 673 743
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@doveman63

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

1. Press Windows and X key together and select Device Manager.

2. Locate the External Hard drive and right click on the driver and click on Properties.

3. Navigate to Power Management tab and uncheck the option that says “Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power”.

4. Click on OK.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The solution suggested did not work. I am going to have the CPU sent to HP for service.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
15,840 15,800 673 743
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@doveman63

Thank you for posting back.

Once you get the computer back from service center please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation