Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 238 Touch Screen All in One 24-E014
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Are the USB ports (two 2.0 and two 3.0) for "IN" or "OUT"? I understand that the HDMI port is "OUT" only. I'm trying to hook-up a SONY Video Camera Recorder. It has a A/V OUT jack, and a connecting cable with two male adapters to plug into the video/audio of a TV or VCR.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello
USB ports, allow different accessories to be used
including for example an audio headset!
in this case, it's an exit!
You can connect peripherals such as a keyboard or a webcam
in this case, it is the reverse of an entry
But it is possible that what you want to test is not compatible
Then I did not understand your connection and how you try to use your equipment

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

If you let us know the exact model number of your SONY Video Camera Recorder it might help to figure out what connections you need.

From your description it sounds like a VERY old video camera!

The cheapest device that can capture from old video cameras is "UCEC USB 2.0 Video Audio Capture Card Adapter" from Amazon ($21CDN/$15US). It gives you composite inputs (audio and video) as well as S-Video. If your camera has S-Video use that connection to the USB capture card (and red/white for audio) and you will get a slightly better picture.

usb video input.jpg

If you want a better supported device I would recommend "Hauppauge 610 USB-Live 2 Analog Video Digitizer and Video Capture Device" for $66CDN/$50US.

I recommend the free OBS studio software for recording: https://obsproject.com

Good luck with your video recording project!

-Jamie M.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.